Barenbrug USA has one opening for a Forklift Operator 2 or Forklift Operator 3. This is for our warehouse in Tangent, Oregon. Barenbrug is one of the leaders in grass seed manufacturing and has been around for over 100 years. We love our employees and strive to find ways to enhance the lives and wellbeing of our employees, while providing excellent customer service for our customers.
The Forklift Operator creates value to our organization by providing safe, accurate inventory control and customer service by safely operating a forklift to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to other parts of the warehouse. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude. An ideal candidate for this position with be safety conscious, has a high attention to detail, and is reliable, trustworthy and self-motivated. The Forklift Operator 2 is the mid-level of a three-level Series. It differs from a Forklift Operator 3 by being more advanced and having more experience operating a forklift. The Forklift Operator 2 may also be responsible for part of order preparation for several Barenbrug clients
Forklift Operator 2: $15.00 - 16.00 per hour DOE
Forklift Operator 3: $13.50 - $14.00 per hour DOE
The essential functions of this position are below, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform them.
• Using information from the Production or Operations divisions, transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
• Safely operates forklift and/or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, verifying inventory, sorting, staging and transporting products in a high traffic environment.
• Stacks goods in correct storage bays, following proper inventory control procedures.
• Conducts required pre-operating checks on forklift, prior to use.
• Ensures all loads are secure when moving through the facility.
• Removes machine attachments and waste material from machines.
• Examines products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
• Maintain regular and timely attendance.
• Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Forklift Operator 2:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ years of forklift experience
• Forklift Certified
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Forklift Operator 3
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6 months or more experience in a warehouse setting.
Or any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience in a manufacturing environment
To apply, submit resume using the link below or pickup an application at our location in Tangent (33477 HWY 99E)