Forage News by Barenbrug

Catch all of the latest forage related news from Barenbrug USA.

Barenbrug Forages at the World Forage Superbowl

This year marked the 38th year for the World Forage Analysis Superbowl held at the World Dairy Expo in Madison, WI.  With another record amount of entries this year, Barenbrug forages showed their value yet again. 


The Superbowl is split up into multiple divisions for hay including Commercial Hay, Grass Hay, Dairy Hay, Haylage and Baleage.  Each one of these divisions is evaluated by a panel of judges. 70% of the judging is done from a Forage Analysis Report and the other 30% is on the visual condition of the sample. Visual judging consists of analysis of the color, texture, maturity and leafiness depending on the category.


Barenbrug products were represented in the finals for each one of the divisions. The champion Haylage produced by Verhassselt dairy of Kaukauna, WI contained Barenbrug’s soft leaved fescue. In the grass Hay division, Barenbrug products made up 6 of the top 10 finalist in that category with the highest placing going to Indianhead Holsteins of Barron, WI.


Barenbrug continues to put its focus on breeding and producing the highest quality grasses in the market.  The results from this competition show the value of Barenbrug products and the success producers reap from using them.  All of these award winning grasses can be found in Barenbrug’s Nutrifiber products.


To learn more about Nutrifiber visit