V8 Creeping Bentgrass
V8 (OECD named Ignite) is a brand new powerhouse creeping bentgrass developed for any golf course wanting that “world‐class” look. V8 is a hybrid between two elite breeing lines selected for its close‐cut tolerance and improved dollar spot resistance. V8 has been seeded on golf courses worldwide and has received excellent independent evaluations in current NTEP (National Turfgrass Evaluation Program) putting green trials comparing it side‐by‐side with other commercial and experimental bentgrasses.
- V8 earned the #1 ranking for turf quality in NTEP’s putting green trials for LPI Group 1 with locations in Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Washington state topping Penn A‐1, Declaration and all other varieties
- Dollar Spot resistance statistically equal to the top variety in NTEP
- V8 has one of the finest leaf textures of any creeping bentgrass
- Greens up in the spring earlier than Penncross for additional weeks of golf play
- V8 is a medium‐dark green color—darker than Penncross and lighter than T‐1
- Color persists well into the autumn with better than average frost tolerance
- Tolerates wide range of mowing heights from puƫng green to fairway — some courses have mowed as low as 0.08” (2mm)
- Smooth recovery from aerification
V8 is best suited to greens and is adaptable to tees, approaches, and fairways. It thrives across the cool, temperate regions of the world, and it is adapted well into the transition zone between warm and cool‐season areas.