Inferno turf‐type tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea also known as Lolium arundinaceum) blazes into the market with superior quality, fine leaf texture and attractive dark green color.
Excellent Turf Quality
Selected for its dark genetic color, good resistance to pests and diseases, semi‐dwarf stature, and high turf density, Inferno has the ability to stand up to the heat and still look great.
Areas of Use
For use in sun or partial shade, Inferno is an excellent choice for home lawns, parks or athletic fields, golf course roughs or out of play areas and other community green areas.
Tried and True
Inferno is a popular variety and has been seeded around the world. It was also entered into independent national trials in the United States directly comparing it to 159 other commercial and experimental varieties and it made a great showing earning acclaim in these areas:
- Quick germination for better establishment
- Tied #1 in Overall Turf Quality in 2nd year
- One of the finest leaf textures in NTEP
- #1 variety for summer density
- #2 quality in the Northeast
- Excellent durability under traffic
- Superb Brown Patch resistance
- Awesome Typhula Blight (grey snow mold) resistance
- Excellent fall color