Exclusive to Barenbrug, these RPR varieties were bred in the harsh summer Virginia climate. Identified as a new subspecies of perennial ryegrass, RPR varieties are labeled Lolium perenne ssp. stoloniferum. Producing determinate stolons from the plant crowns, RPR varieties are exceptionally traffic-tolerant with outstanding recovery from heavy use. They are ideal for all perennial ryegrass uses, especially sports turf, recreational turf and golf. Available in 100% RPR, Turf Star RPR, and Turf Blue HGT w/ RPR.
Barbeta, Bargamma, Barlibro
Stoloniferus Perennial Ryegrass
- Exhibits strong ability to recover from extreme wear and use
- High endophyte content for improved stress tolerance
- Strong disease resistance and insect tolerance
- Extremely well suited for the fall over-seeding of bermuda tees
- Extremely persistent into the late spring